Monday, November 17, 2014

Gentleness... 1st step in Self Care

To make a difference in the world, or to be 'on purpose', Self Care is vital. If we don't take care of ourselves, we may not be able to care for others, family, friend, or community. Today's Daily Word speaks of gentleness towards self. This is the place to start.
 Gentleness toward myself is an act of self-love and the first step toward compassion for others. Jesus proclaimed that all humans belong to one spiritual family. His teachings were about gentleness, compassion, and love among people.
  I practice gentleness by first noticing my feelings. If I feel anger, I look for the causes within. I meditate, pray, or write in a journal. With time and patience, I may discover my inner child calling for love. I comfort this part of me with utmost tenderness, as if caressing my soul with the delicate touch of a feather.
   As I nurture my inner child, my anger subsides. I am healed inside and feel at home within myself. Any sense of separation dissolves; I belong to myself and to humanity.
  May you be gentle with yourself, for today. Make it your practice.
  Namaste and Sweet Blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment