Friday, November 28, 2014

More on Self Care

Today's Daily Word is a message about the fundamentals of self care. That our individual connection with God, as we have come to know God in our own way, is the deepest form of self care. My awareness of God is my 'go to' when I'm stressed or in need of 'Gritty Grace'.


Sunshine on my face, a loving hug from a friend, a crackling fire, a soft blanket, soothing candlelight, a hot bath, beautiful music … all of these bring me comfort. I know how to create a nurturing environment for my body, mind, and soul. I take good care of myself with gentleness and love.
I know that just as important as what I do is the consciousness with which I do it. If I am conscious of the eternal love of Spirit, I am more deeply soothed by each activity of well-being. My awareness of God is the most fulfilling and lasting comfort of all. However I choose to soothe myself in body, mind, and soul, I do so knowing that I am eternally loved. And in the everlasting love of Spirit, all is truly well.

I invite you to practice daily Self Care by making a ritual, a deep habit, of connecting with Spirit every day.
Sweet Blessings
 

No comments:

Post a Comment