Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Not just for the holidays

I know the holidays can be a time of great expectations and tremendous stress. From anxiety over family gatherings, to stress over holiday shopping, let alone the worries over financing it all. Today's Daily Word speaks directly to those pressures....
I am guided and restored by God’s power and light.
Completing errands, shopping, planning meals, and hosting gatherings can cause stress during the holiday season. When I feel I don’t have enough time for everything, or find myself harried, I stop and take a deep breath­—then release. I let go of the day’s worries and let God restore my peace.
As I commune with God, I release my anxiety and let Spirit renew my energy. I then have the strength and calm to complete what is mine to do. Spirit is the light that guides me. When I don’t know what to do, I ask within. I let go of my way and let God shine the light of understanding in me.
My life runs smoothly as I yield to the light and power of God. In the midst of holiday busyness, I let go and let God.
And so it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment